Sunday, October 18, 2015

Step Cards for Christmas!

I have been playing around with variations of the step cards I have seen on Pinterest.  I just love all the different things you can do and the dimensionality (is that really a word?) of the cards.

My first attempt uses my much loved Tim Holtz snowman blueprint stamp and die set.    The width of the unfolded side can change depending on what you want to place there.  My folded steps can be embellished with patterned or embossed paper and words that hang over the top of the steps.  For this card I cut the word Believe and the snowflake from my Cricut .


For the next step card I put the unfolded part of the card in the center with narrow steps on either side.  The center holds the main focus which is a Stampin' Up sentiment.  The paper is from Teresa Collins' "Santa's List". The snowflakes and star are chipboard from Little Yellow Bicycle.


On the last step card, I cut the word "Joy" from Stampin' Up's Wonderous Wreath set, out of metallic paper.  The ornament is from Paper Wizard.  The pattern is the same as the first card, I just made the left side of the card a little wider to allow for the ornament to fit.  I used last year's Kaisercraft Yuletide paper as the background.

The side step cards start out with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" sheet of card stock.  The width of the unfolded side can change depending on what you want to place there.  If you want the 3 steps on the side  5 scores are needed. The first 2 scores are each 1".  The next one is 1 1/4", then 1" and  2 1/4".  

The taller card is not a standard size.  It started out with a 5 1/4 by 10 1/2 sheet of cardstock.  The diagrams for both are below.  (dotted lines are folds, solid lines are cuts)

Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment