Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Christmas in July Part 1

I love Christmas!  (What crafter doesn't?)  I have been working on my Christmas cards for this year and I will spend the next few posts sharing a few of them with you.  Unlike many of my crafty friends, I don't make 50 of just one card.  I get too bored doing that.  So I make a variety of cards every year. I might make 10 of one card or only 1 or 2 of another.  By the time I'm done I have quite a variety and approximately 60 cards to send out.

My favorite cards are interactive cards.  I bought a few Karen Burniston dies at the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in June.  I love them!  The first one I played with is the Christmas Tree Pop up card.  It makes the cutest cards!  The paper is a Bo Bunny set - Merry & Bright.  For these cards you create the inside first.  There is a dies that cuts tabs into the actual card and then the tree is glues to those tabs.  Once that is done you can cover those wholes in the card and complete the front and back.

The tree is cut from green cardstock.  The pieces interlock, so very little glue is needed.  The same is true for the star on the top.  It just gets glued to the tree.
The tree folds very nicely into the card.  Karen Burniston has some wonderful videos on You-Tube that I found extremely helpful in creating my card!  I finished the card by embossing both the Merry Christmas on the front and the sentiment (Kaisercraft) on the inside.

Happy Scrappin!

Christmas Tree Pop-Up   BoBunny Merry and Bright Festive Paper  Mint Wishes Clear Stamps 6"X4" - Jolly Sentiments

No comments:

Post a Comment